JupyterLab is a web-based interactive development environment for notebooks, code, and data. It comes with a user-friendly interface that allows users to configure and arrange workflows in data science, scientific computing, computational journalism, and machine learning.
JupyterLab enables you to work with documents and activities such as Jupyter notebooks, text editors, terminals, and custom components in a flexible, integrated, and extensible manner.
Find below some of the main features of JupyterLab:
- User-friendly interface (JupyterLab is a next-generation user interface for Jupyter Notebook)
- Code can run directly from text files as well as Jupyter Notebook files
- JupyterLab provides a flexible and extensible environment, making it easy to integrate with third-party components
Find below some examples of possible use cases:
- Interactive data science (JupyterLab enables sharing visualizations with other users, sharing code and data generally, and so on)
- Data analysis and visualizations
Find below some interesting links providing more information on JupyterLab: